Thread: Rain today
View Single Post
Unread 08-28-2018, 11:07 PM   #153
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I've been trying to take my drone up to catch some lightning video, but not having too much luck. Problem is that the storm needs to be far enough away that strong winds and/or rain isn't HERE, yet making some substantial lightning at a close enough distance to look like something. Today it seemed that the rain came quickly, so no chance to take the drone up ahead of the storm.

I did catch a rainbow that way the other day. Just a partial, though. This drone that I now have can't elevate the camera angle above 90 degrees, so the frame is filled half and half with sky and ground. Been looking at another drone that can do a full 180 degree sweep up and down, but it's too new to be trusting it. Buying these things too early puts you on the "payroll" of being an unpaid beta tester for these companies. Thanks, but NO thanks. Let other people lose their drones to infant design mortality problems.

We got nearly a half inch of rain today. Would have gotten more but it seems that the rain coming in from the east mostly stopped just short of getting to us. Typical story for this area, it seems. But at least the mosquito population had died back quite a bit.