View Single Post
Unread 07-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #36
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
I understand that the Governor has removed the mandate, but it's up to the individual stations as to what they'll carry. Hopefully they'll figure out that the consumers want ethanol-free gas. But I'm concerned that they will keep buying the crap gas just because it cost them less.
Yeah, I hear that. Most times money is the only thing some people pay any attention to. I guess if more people were willing to pay the premium for quality we wouldn't be owned by China right now.

Anyway, Connie and I spent a couple of hours over in the garage putting the airbridge back on. I took off the notch on the MAF housing so the airbridge fits better on it, and used the firmer 4 to 3.5 inch coupler between the throttle body and the aluminum pipe I put into the north end of the airbridge. The ways I thought would be easier to put that all back in didn't work out like I had hoped. There is ONLY one way it will go back together that I can figure out, and even that was a bit of a struggle. But it's together. If the rains ever let up, I need to take it out for a short drive to get the airbridge nice and hot and then tighten down the T-bolt clamps again so it will form around MAF housing again. I decided to hold off on using the hairspray trick to see how it goes. I was afraid the hairspray would set before I had everything together and then I'd have a devil of a time getting it back apart again if I needed to.

Heck, I hope I remember to hook up the MAF/IAT cable before I take the car out. I just remembered that it's still disconnected.