Thread: Custom Wheels
View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, I do like chrome wheels. I've taken my abused and damaged chrome wheels off and put on some polished aluminum Z16 wheels, but to be honest, whenever I see them I get a knee jerk reaction to clean them because they look like *dirty* chromed wheels to me. I think I would like to remove the clear paint coating on them so I could REALLY polish them babies. Of course, I didn't realize it would look like that before I bought them and put them on the car.

Check out the chrome wheels you want to get, as they are not all made equal. Some of them are completely chromed, inside the wheel and out, whereas others are chromed just on the outside rim and the spokes. I had a problem with one of my chrome wheels peeling at the tire bead, causing an air leak, and now some chrome has flaked off around the rim edge as well. If I could specify what I want, I would want everything EXCEPT the tire bead area and what would be covered by the tire to be chromed. I think the chroming on the inside of the wheels (where the brake rotors are located, looks pretty sharp when clean, as it reflects the brake hardware and just makes for a better look than the flat gray of unchromed aluminum.

So check out the wheels you are considering closely. Some details like that might not be easily determined from photographs, and for that matter, the photographs might not even reflect what you would actually be getting. So ask DETAILED questions before plunking down your money.
I shall, thanks for the guidance.

Last edited by Kap142; 06-27-2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: spellin
Kap142 is offline   Reply With Quote