View Single Post
Unread 12-31-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I will not do business with Amazon. I ordered a bushel of steamed blue crabs through them (from Maryland Blue Crab Express) and when I got them they were pure garbage. Extremely light weight and the taste was something between mud and dish water. I tossed the entire bushel out into the woods after asking MBCE several times if they wanted those crabs returned to them, and they declined. Last time I looked they were still out there and the raccoons didn't even touch them.

Long story short is that MBCE would not refund the money for those crabs, and when I filed a complaint with Amazon, Amazon refused to do anything, claiming that since the seller claimed that the merchandise was non-returnable, then there was nothing they would do. So pretty much any vendor selling through Amazon can send you a box of horsecrap, claim it is non returnable, and tough on you. Regardless of all Amazon's glowing claims otherwise.

So I've filed a dispute with my credit card company. I even sent emails to Jeff Bezos who just forwarded them to his Pakistan or India customer service branch, who also did nothing. And I then literally told Amazon and Jeff Bezos to kiss my ass when they sent me an email stating that since I filed a dispute with my credit card company, I would be no longer covered by their A-to-Z guarantee. This was AFTER they had already told me that they would not do anything for me, so I'm not exactly sure what response other than "kiss my ass" they expected out of me.

So no, I'm not interested in dealing with Amazon any longer. And I've bought a LOT of stuff from and through them over the years. One reason I often chose them over places I could get things cheaper was because of their really decent return policy, but evidently things have changed there, and I can certainly live without them. I'll just pay by credit card for anything I think I may potentially have problems with in the quality department so I can always have the last say by simply not paying the charge and disputing it. Speaking of which, you MUST not pay the charge on your statement if you want to dispute it. Otherwise that puts you behind the eightball. Once you pay it, you lose all leverage. I found that out the hard way with South Georgia Corvette, much to my chagrin.