View Single Post
Unread 08-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #23
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeachvette76 View Post
I think Rich is onto something, with as many news reports of road rage and false impersonations of Police officers by regular citizens you could claim you didn't know for sure if the Durango was real or a lunatic so you put your safety first. A good traffic defense attorney should be able to play that up and get you out of it placing blame on the police tactics used.
Sounds reasonable except for this:

Judges response: Did you call 911?
If you were in fear, why didn't you?
Without that, defense tends to falter a but.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9T8Vette View Post
Happen in Florida on the road to my old house.He was in a unmark Durango and was right on my butt so i floored the HHR and he Pace me at over 100 but said i was doing 100 mph.I had a safe driving record until this crap
This is one of the huge issues I have with non-traditional unmarked cars.

If it's a crown vic, malibu, Charger, Malibu, or other vehicle regularly associated with law enforcement, then there's a presumption.

Some moron in an Durango tailgaiting me makes me concerned that they're intoxicated, pissed off at the world, or some other issue that may place my safety and that of my family in jeopardy.

Alone, I've been known to slow down rapidly (not a brake check, just a rapid, controlled slowdown).
You'd be surprised how quickly they'll get off your ass

I'd also diall 911 in a skinny minute and the call would go somethiung like this:

This XXXX I'm a retired LEO and I'm on XXX road XX bound, and have some moron in a Durango right on my bumper. I've sped up to get away and he/she keeps tailgating me.

Could you have a unit respond in my direction.

I'm armed and I'm not sure what this persons intentions are, but from thier driving habits, they're either intoxicated or up to no good...I'll stay on the line until a unit arrives..."

If this turd turns out to be a LEO, we're going to have a powow with his/her supervisor or shift commander immediately and view the dash cam

If he was a traffic car, get an attorney and ask the court for permission to subpoena the in car camera. That'll show how close he was to you. Remember though, it could always bite you in the ass.,

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote