View Single Post
Unread 01-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
.... Having them banned from 1994 thru 2004 didn't accomplish anything but to piss off and inconvenience legitimate gun owners and put a bunch of democrats into the unemployment lines. So they are going to try it again? ...
Some dems might have been made to go packin', but somehow I'm feeling very uneasy about the next mid-term elections partly because I have little faith in the intelligence of today's voting population and also because we a*holes have short memories. We don't remember the threat we faced and quite by chance, were actually lucky that the ban had a sunset clause. Nowadays, even some lawmakers who are pro 2nd Amendment supporters are changing their tune about hi cap mags and "assault" weapons. Dems are supportive of each other's causes. They join together for the good of their party. After all, dems have never been known for their support of the right of the "individual" and that is why I fear that this time around the gun saga will leave a nasty taste in the mouths of many- and the many will be the pro gun advocates. Unfortunately the Repubes aren't so unified, and will end up being their own worst enemy.

The times they are a changin'.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote