View Single Post
Unread 12-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #5
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEJ ZO6 View Post

As a customer I view the service advisor as my representative to the dealership and feel they should represent my interests and assure that I am satisfied and that I have a positive experience.
Unless YOUR name is listed on the service advisors check as the "payor", I don't think you stand a snowballs chance in hell at getting him/her to stand up for you. And if the service advisor is being "incented" (getting bonuses for keeping costs down and revenues up), then it'll be even worse. I shudder ANYTIME I have to take any of my cars to a dealer. It's ALWAYS a pain in the a$$!!! In Massachusetts, I've found a place that I trust, and have been going there for over 15 years. In Florida it's a different story. I did take my Vette to Furman's over in Brandon to get the A/C fixed. I sweated over that decision for a couple of weeks before I decided to let them do it. It was only after hearing a few people relate good experiences with them that I finally decided to give them a shot. They talked to me about what I wanted done, and told me that they would call me with a price within 2 hours. 1/2 hour later, they called--told me what the bill would be and what they were going to change--and when I could pick up the Vette. When I got there to get it, it was ready as promised, the bill was exactly what they said it would be, and they had given me a free wash and vacuum! Even after ALL of that going right, I'm still reluctant to go to a dealer for service. I keep thinking "Man, I lucked out on that one. How long's the luck going to last, and when (not if) am I gonna get screwed by a dealer". I read all of the posts like yours and am convinced that finding an "un-affiliated" service facility somewhere around where I live in Florida is becoming a "MUST DO." Extended Warranty contracts range from downright "crappy" to excellent, and homework needs to be done before the purchase. I purchased an extended warranty on the used 2006 Sebring that my wife bought in 2007. Started seeing the check engine light come on and go off. It finally came on solid and I took it to my mechanic. He looked at the problem and told me that it looked to him like a cylinder head needed replaced, and that since I had an extended warranty I should take it to the Chrysler dealer to have the work done. He didn't charge me for the time or the diagnosis, even though he wasn't gonna get any work out of it. I took it to the Chrysler dealer, only to receive a phone call telling me that the warranty company wouldn't honor the repair because I lived less than 40 miles from where I purchased the car and warranty. It was 36 miles, and I had to take the Chrysler Sebring to a Hundai dealership to have the work done. It took those fools over a week to replace the cylinder head, and we had to foot the rental car bill ourselves! My opinion......... dealers and extended warranty people are out to take as much of your money as you are willing to let them take. Just my 2 cents worth, and over.
Andy
P.S. I really did have a positive experience with Furman in Brandon, and they will be the only dealer that I will go to (if absolutely necessary) in the future.
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote