View Single Post
Unread 06-30-2006, 11:33 AM   #10
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well if that Hummer had quad .50 cal rifles on the hood, then I would say they were SERIOUS. But you guys are right. They spend SOMEONE's serious money on that thing so they probably better have good justification for it.

The local sheriff's office around here has bought themselves a super charged Monte Carlo to chase down low flying planes or something, I guess. Honestly, where is all this money coming from? Is business THAT good for them?
Our Sheriff bought a hummer right after (or just before) Hurricane Katrina. Said rescue personnel needed it to get through the "rough stuff" and deep water/debris in the event of a direct hit here

Sh!t I can get through all that crap with my 89 Landcruiser and a snorkle!

Best part was he bought it from a local dealer right off the lot instead of putting it out for bid Said he didn't have time to wait

This was right after the boy wonders election as Sheriff. Not sure if there was a discount involved, but I dont think so.
The flak finally settled abd with a little egg on his face, he went on. Hope he learned a little something though?

BTW, some of this money comes from federal grants, siezures and state appropriations. Didn't say where Tis guy got his $$??
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote