View Single Post
Unread 10-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #26
vette8t7

Name :
vette8t7 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro
Part of being an internet community is sharing your experience with the people you have become friendly with to tell them of your negative experience and collect their thoughts which is what happened here. People advised Scott to keep after them and they finally did the right thing and credited his account. So, all that said vette8t7, I'm sure you have had some bad experiences dealing with vendors, restaurents, car dealers or whatever, why don't you tell us how you would have handled an experience like this.
True people post whatever they want and whatever thoughts they have within the internet community. It would nice to also have the people that start these "negative experience" threads follow up on the same thread down the road when they encounter having problems at the B and C places. I mean they will never shop at A again, and their money is going to B and C. Fine, but all the reader sees in the thread is negativity towards A, but doesn't see within that thread issues down the road with B and C. It may end up in a different thread on a different forum. That's why I said it's unfair to single Eckler's out as everyplace has issues. It seems half the time orders I place to Jegs and Summit don't go without flaws.

>So, all that said vette8t7, I'm sure you have had some bad experiences >dealing with vendors, restaurents, car dealers or whatever, why don't you >tell us how you would have handled an experience like this.
Well, let's see. Finding the right person in anycase is the key. A majority of the time I know people at the establishments and/or the owners and deal either directly with them, through them or someone they recommend.
In the case of car dealers, I have only really dealt with them for club events until recently when I bought my wife a new car..and I know the dealer personally. He actually went on vacation when my wife and I started to wind down on our purchase and assured me I was in goods hands while he was gone. Well, a few on the sales staff decided it was time to play, but I had kept the office manager and the dealer in the loop and resolved the issues. This dealer was better than the alternatives in the area, plus this dealer sponsors our club for events whereas the others seem to care less. I will also note I had the dealers cell # and e-mail address. It was also my first new vehicle purchase.

In the case of this thread and Eckler's I will be very biased as how I would handle things with them as I know a lot of them as I have interfaced with Eckler's as a customer and through the club for a number of years. How I handle things with them might be different as I know who is at the top and down. Again, people come and go so I don't really know that many on the sales staff except for those that have been there a while.

Now, in my case say I ordered something from Mid-America and had an issue. Well, I don't have a clue of anyone that works there. But if it did not seem like the issue was moving I would ask or request to be helped by a manager or supervisor. Instead of posting a thread "I will never order from MA again" I would post one of "Does someone know someone at MA" that can help resolve this. Part of the issue how you appraoch an issue or problem, the other part is WHO you talk to.

If I called in to resolve a problem and spoke to someone I would write down that persons name so if the issue were to remain unresolved I could call back that person and ask what the deal was and stay on them or then switch to their supervisor and explain you had called so and so several times and nothing is moving on this issue and you want a refund.

That said knowing the people I know at Eckler's that have been there for a while typically address the issues directed to them. Perhaps the complaints involving customer service involve new people or people that are in the "there and gone" realm.
vette8t7 is offline   Reply With Quote