View Single Post
Unread 01-06-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Talking JMHO...I'll be brief.

Iraq...
This war was started back in the day of papa Bush and we had the support of many many other Nations. This war was prematurely ended because a lot of the supporting Nations as well as others felt it was the right thing to do.
If we had finished the war then, we may not have Had to return with Bush Jr.
Clinton's Administration allowed Iraq to break a lot of the Resolutions of the Treaty that was agreed to by Iraq. Subsequently NOTHING was done to Saddam or his Regime to keep them in check or to enforce these Resolutions. All the while, the atrocities Saddam and his Regime continued to inflict on his people kept getting worse every day.

So, Although our economy was doing well under his leadership, Clinton's Look the other way and Let's talk and talk and talk Philosophy allowed this and other Global issues to get out of hand, where as someone was going to have to clean up the mess (Global Issues) eventually.
WAR and BLURRED GOALS:
You Can't fight a war where the media has the access it has.

NTM we Americans should NEVER have entered this war or EVER again enter a War, Where its Policy or its path and or outcome is dictated to us by International opinion or influences (NATO). It's like fighting with one hand tied behind your back. Talk about Indecision!!!

But honestly...what were we supposed to do sit idly by while Saddam butchered his people, became more powerful etc. etc? sounds like a Hitler to me.

Vietnam:
What did we accomplish?...We showed the world what a Cluster Phuck Really looks like!
NTM.. we gave the Russians a show (Comedy/Drama) as we let the Russians fight us Vicariously thru the Vietnamese by supplying them with weapons etc. during the Cold War.

IMO...There was NO international threat, and we had absolutely Nothing to gain from it, thus we should not have been there in a Military Capacity.

We had our Civil War let them have theirs...who are we to stop them?

JAN... I Have nothing but Respect for our Troops both past and present. So if I sounded disrespectful in any way (toward the troops) it was unintentional, and I'm sorry. My problem is with our leadership then and Now.

Again, This is just My Humble Opinion and I kept it as brief as possible.