View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2006, 02:50 AM   #18
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Yeah, Fall and Winter is GOOD. I may even have a short break in a couple of weeks when most of the eggs have been laid but prior to them beginning to hatch out. Kind of an "eye of the hurricane" sort of effect.

The wife and I talking about heading down to Englewood for some R&R for a couple of days. My parents used to take me there on vacation as a kid and I have always really liked that area. Of course, it is way different now then it was back then, but the memories help shield me from most of that.

I know nothing can remain static, but darn I miss the Florida of my childhood vacation years. I still remember my dad pulling into the motels late at night after driving for endless hours and those palm trees with the green and red spot lights shining on them in the courtyards just seemed magical to me. Of course, the driving through the swamps of Georgia on route 301 late at night with faulty headlights that kept going out intermittently, well I can do without THAT particular memory...
Rich, I'm about 20 miles north of Englewood, I work down there from time to time. Actually, Englewood is still pretty much old Florida. It's nice down there. Let us know if you can make it. We'll get together if you want..Yep, know all about those trips down here as a kid from Virginia. 601 out of Highpoint, NC to 301 in Orangeburg, SC I think it was. We'd go to Miami/Hollywood area. The good old days .........Tom