View Single Post
Unread 01-07-2020, 06:22 PM   #2376
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Took the car out for a drive today, and turned out to be quite a pleasant ride. Seemed like the good old days. Clutch felt very nice, shifting was solid and firm feeling, no strange noises, and no oil dripping out of the tailpipes when I got back to the garage. Car feels really strong, but I didn't run it up into boost at all. Maybe next time I am out. This was mostly just to work the clutch a bit and break it in. Monster says that the triple disk clutch really doesn't need to be broke in, but heck, I would feel better doing that anyway. Not that I am going to be stressing it out at the track or anything.

Hopefully all this drivetrain nonsense is history now and I can just enjoy driving the car.

I did get the new decals yesterday, so at least the service manager at the shop came through with that. Debating on whether I want to put them on now, or wait to see if I decide to get the car repainted in the near future. But at least I have them in case GM stops carrying them. And I guess it depends on how often I find myself looking for the cracks in the current decals whenever I look at the car.

Also bought some brackets to see if I can get one of them to work to hold that scavenge pump return junction firmly up against the rear cradle. If not, I may have to fabricate something on my milling machine.