View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #83
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I recall that there are one or more tables related to throttle plate movement that you have to be careful messing with because if the parameters go too far out of range from what the TAC module is expecting to see, you can brick your PCM. But I don't recall seeing anything that handles scaling of the voltage from the gas pedal sensor itself. As I have mentioned before, there apparently are lots of other tables the PCM references that the available programs we have for tuning apparently do not address. I also recall seeing someone selling a mod for the gas pedal that apparently changes the voltage slope from the gas pedal sensor which would probably do the same thing. Especially if it were programmable enough that you could select what you preferred.

I still need to play around with PE some more as I was specifically playing around with the gas pedal in all sorts of RPM ranges to see what affect the changes I made were having on AFR. And I noted that there were instances of gas pedal position and RPM being such that PE SHOULD have kicked in, but did not. So there is likely another table or two controlling PE that I need to review. The smart thing would be to have PE also triggered by load, which could be determined by the MAP sensor. That would likely take care of the problem I mentioned earlier about the differences in engine loading based on what gear you are in.