View Single Post
Unread 07-17-2006, 08:45 PM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I had actually considered retaining an attorney for this issue, but quite honestly I didn't feel it was worth pursuing for what gains could come out of it. I just decided to suck it up and fix the problems. Actually Mr. Rini recently (like yesterday, I think) made me an offer to trade me even up my '02 Z06 for the black '03 Z06 he now has on Ebay. Since I have spent thousands of dollars fixing and upgrading my car (not to mention I would then be getting something that may be even worse then what I got then), I didn't even bother to respond to that offer.

The thing that irks me the most was that this was my first Corvette purchase and I was excited as hell about it. And I admit I had a severe case of tunnel vision when I saw the car. I just didn't know enough about Corvettes to know the problems that were there. And I just stupidly trusted a used car salesman. That someone would pull what he did on me and put such a dark cloud over what should have been a really landmark event in my life just really bothers me. I don't wish Mike Rini any harm, but I damn well fervently wish that no one else will have to go through the disappointment I did if they are in the same position of purchasing their first Corvette like I was. So my intent is to just try my best to provide a potential buyer ALL of the information that appears to be prudent when dealing with Mr. Rini. They can make up their own minds, of course, if it is worth it to them, but personally knowing what I know now, I would have steered far clear of buying that car last September.