View Single Post
Unread 08-07-2006, 05:28 PM   #38
TwistedFun

Name :
TwistedFun has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro
Rich, I to am sorry you were taken advantage of, it absolutely sucks when someone gets screwed in a transaction like this, hindsight is 20/20 but anyone considering buying a Hi-Performance car like this has to enter into the negotions doubting everything they are told unless it can be proven differently. People and dealerships will say anything to sell their cars, you just have to sift thru all the b/s and look at the facts and do lots of research on what you are buying. Knowledge is absolute power and strength.
i have to agree. i read up a lot before i got my first c-5 and knew what i was getting before i got it. i actually knew more about the car than the sales staff at a very large dealership. they had no clue on a lot of the things i was asking about. when i bought my z06 last month i did a lot of research on the car and the seller. i ran the numbers through my local dealership to see what had been done on the car in the past. i also looked up past threads on fourms that the seller posted to see what kind of problems he may have had with the car. his posts were more for performance advice and it seemed that the car had no problems also. i talked to other members that had talked to him to get even more info. the car came back clean and the seller was very up front about everything i asked. the car had a clean repair history. the car was mint. the white part stickers and tags on the underside of the car were just as new. the stickers by the torque tube were just like it left the factory. the seller was top notch. Great guy to deal with and loves cars. i cant wait for him to buy a c-6 z06 so i can buy that one from him when he upgrades again lol. as a heads up the seller's id is SIINSI. great to deal with and an asset to the corvette world.