View Single Post
Unread 08-13-2008, 07:45 AM   #8
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guro305 View Post
What are you using to clean the engine? The engine looks great!
Thanks
That what it looks like after a good bath,I use a non-toxic,silicone free degreaser,let it set for a few moments,and the scrub the engine down with a soft brush with a ph balanced car shampoo,then the rinse.Because only cleaniness can bring out the shine.There alot of "Dressing" that some people apply to there engines and other parts to there cars,but in the long run it's doing more damage to the plastic,vinyl,and leather by drying them out.I have not seen any products that can stay on moving tires,or stand up to the heat of the engine bay.For a car show where your car is not moving,Dressings are fine,but in a car that will be back on the road after I detail it,I do not apply dressings to moving parts.Most of those products just make parts look shiny,but not really doing any cleaning.I use only products that I feel properly clean the area and then apply a product to protect that area.All my products are silicone free,by using that you don't get that Greasy feel.
Remember with out properly cleaning the area first,then your product you use to protect that area is useless.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote