View Single Post
Unread 05-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I heard the same rumblings which is why I got my Valentine recently. Might be difficult to get one if Florida went onto a "do not sell to" list. Plus there could be the possibility that currently owned units may be grandfathered in if the issue of an ex post facto law gets raised.

As for concealability, the Valentine has an optional remote display that I put down in the cigarette tray recess so that the lighted display is not visible from the rear. Also, I mount the main unit from the sun visor and ran the cables underneath the inside moulding so it is rather difficult to see under casual inspection.

I can't really say it has saved me from any tickets, as I don't normally push the speed limits much. But it does help to keep me alert to my surroundings moreso than before I had a detector. Which certainly can't be a bad thing.

Anyway, welcome to the site. If you see a LOUD blue C5 Z06 cruising around town with bold lettering CORVETTEFLORIDA.COM across the windshield and rear window, that's me.