View Single Post
Unread 09-21-2018, 11:55 AM   #9
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
in the 2nd picture of your first post, does the red wire have a bare spot? also, when my alternator went out, i got one from autozone. immediately got the charging system fault. alternator worked. problem is the valeo alternator the corvette comes with ignites at 1600 rpms. the ones you get aftermarket ignite at 2200 rpms. so don't lose your oem alternator. ended up getting mine fixed at a local alternator/starter repair shop here.
Yes, I noticed that too when I looked at the pictures. Not sure when nor how that happened. I'm intending on dabbing a bit of Plastidip on it when I replace the alternator. Which reminds me, I wanted to order some white and red Plastidip. I have black and white (spray only), but no red no white in the "dipping" variety.

As for my oem alternator, I'm not sure I still have that around, as I replaced the alternator a LONG time ago. But seems to me I do have a couple around here somewhere.

As for the ignition rpm, from what I have been reading recently, I thought that was controlled via a signal by the PCM?