View Single Post
Unread 10-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
LEJ ZO6
LEJ ZO6

Name :
LEJ ZO6 has disabled reputation
Default CD Error Corrected

Well, I think I have the error problem fixed.

I did a lot of research on the internet regarding the "No Disk" CD error. It seems that it doesn't take much to put the CD reader "eye" out of commission. I read one post that compared a speck of dust on a CD reader with a bolder in your swimming pool.

As a first step someone suggested using compressed air to clean the eye without disassembling the drive. You don't want to use air from your air compressor because it probably contains contaminants or oil. I used an electronic duster that I use to clean computer components. I put the little plastic straw on the head and shot air into the CD slot. I moved the nozzle back and forth across the CD slot a couple of times spraying air everywhere inside the drive.

First I tried a music CD and it played on the first try. Then I tried several audio CDs from a book I borrowed from the library. They worked first time every time. I used the ZO6 when I ran errands today and shut the car off several times while the CD book was playing. The player remembered where I left off on the disk and picked back up there every time.

It appears the problem has been fixed with a very simple solution.

Mickey, thanks for the reference to the audio shop and your neighbor. I'll keep that information on file just in case I still need it.

Lloyd
LEJ ZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote