View Single Post
Unread 04-16-2006, 07:17 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well apparently I have two error codes set after the header install.

P0153 HC - HO2S Slow Response
P1637 H - Generator L - Terminal Circuit.

I expected something along the lines of a O2 sensor error, but I have NO idea what that Generator error is all about. But since it is a history code, maybe it's just one of those situations where the Z was just trying on the new duds...

The wife and I took it out for a spin today and went out route 375. Pretty wide open out there with very few, if any, speed "obstructions". Some fat slob of a goomba in a white rice-mobile almost pulled out in front of us just because he wasn't looking and my wife gave him one of her GLARES. I thought she gave him the finger, but she says she had ALL her fingers extended.

Anyway, fat head gets up right on my rear bumper and I was getting tired of seeing his fat head in my rear view mirror, so I dropped down into fourth and pressed hard on the go pedal. Connie (my wife) was apparently watching the speedometer and it jumped up there into the high numbers pretty quickly. Fat head was WAY back there somewhere, so I slowed down to a more leisurely pace and let him show me how bad his car was when he finally caught up with me and passed us. Sure showed me, I guess. But at least he wasn't on my rear bumper any longer.

Anyway, the sound of the exhaust is slightly louder then it was at stock, but not unbearably so. It seems much more noticeable at idle where the rumble is much deeper then I am used to. Connie says it isn't bad at all, and I felt she would be more critical of it then I would be. Acceleration seems much crisper then stock and at WOT pickup is noticeable improved.

I had some trepidation using those E3 spark plugs as I couldn't find a whole lot of people who had tried them. But the technology seemed intriguing and I always am one to be interested in new doodads. I do know that idle has smoothed out quite a bit, and a slight stutter from a dead stop is no longer there that I noticed. I suppose a good tune would be in order right now, but at least I don't feel that it is a real pressing issue as well as the Z runs at the moment. And to be honest, I am looking hard at getting my own tuning tool, and just haven't figured out what is best. The handhelds look like they would be easy, but maybe I would regret spending that money when it would be better spent on something like HPTuners or EFILive. But then we get into all kinds of arcane topics like wideband sensors and open loop, etc., which may well be far beyond the level I want to go with this. It's not like I need to shave off a tenth of a second at the quarter mile or anything.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote