View Single Post
Unread 05-16-2019, 08:53 PM   #2317
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, here is the scoop. Evidently when the clutch was sent out to me, AND when the slave cylinder was also sent out to me, Monster neglected to include a bracket needed to mount the slave cylinder to the front of the torque tube. So they overnighted it to me, and I got it this morning. NOW things are making sense to me.

At first I was concerned about there not being a spring included in this kit, as is found in the stock slave cylinder, but I was told it is not needed in this design. When I fit the two pieces together, it's a really tight fit, so I don't think any spring is needed. Matter of fact, with this design, the throwout bearing won't be constantly pressed up against the clutch pressure plate fingers as a spring operated one would be. So perhaps less wear and tear on that bearing, hopefully.

So anyway, I had everything I think I needed, and Connie and I ran the stuff to the shop so they could work on in whenever they could. With any luck, I'll have the can back in a week or two. AND hopefully the awful drivetrain noise will be gone.