View Single Post
Unread 05-19-2019, 11:29 AM   #2319
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Something else that the tech found of interest. I've had a small oil leak at the rear of the engine on the driver's side for quite a while now. Not bad enough to actually look into where it was coming from. Well apparently the valve cover gasket on that side had a section of it just missing. Not just a crack or a split, just a section of about a half inch just gone.

I'm not sure when that happened. Those valve covers were originally put on by Aaron Scott. I'm not sure the tech at Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet remover the valve covers or not when he worked on the drivetrain. Seems unlikely that the section of gasket just fell off recently, but who knows?

Since this is an aftermarket valve cover set, and I don't know who made it, I'm having trouble finding replacement gaskets for them. So perhaps whoever caused that or even noticed it later on, had the same problem and decided to just ignore the problem and put it back together again anyway. I would have thought that someone could have at least permatexed the gap.