View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #10
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe View Post
2 suggestions.......first, go around the edges of the wire/plastic molding with some black RTV sealant. That will probably eliminate the need for ZIP ties.
Heck, those moldings are pretty tight as they are on the screens, but they are also stiff enough that I'm afraid they might come loose just because they are being forced around those curves. Especially when they are pulled off to paint the bumper itself. I had originally thought of putting some sort of adhesive into the molding itself and then put the screens into them to hold them together, but they really are a bugger bear to work with. So I would be playing beat the clock to try to get the screens in before the sealant hardened up on me. I don't think the wire ties are going to be visible from the front at all, so this will probably be fine for me.

Quote:
Second, maybe a "U-BOLT" of the proper size with a piece of flat metal on top to use on the front of the turn signal lights.
Yeah, I can visualize what you mean. I could probably fabricate something myself on the milling machine. Thanks for the idea. I'm thinking I might need to just pull those lamp assemblies out and LOOK at them. Might be a fixable reason why those mounting holes aren't lining up properly.

Quote:
Looks like you've been doin' some work on it though, and it's getting better and better. Get some before and after shots of the front of the C5Z, cause I want to compare looks. I think it will look better in my opinion. Anything to get rid of the front license plate mount.........UGH!
Andy
Been working on the paint job on the hood of the C5Z lately, so this bumper is mostly just on the back burner right now. But it is taking up a good chunk of real estate on my work bench. I need to figure out if I will have to get the whole car painted, or if I'll be able to squeeze a couple more years out of the current paint job before really needing to do that. If that works out hopefully I can get someone to do a real good color match when painting and installing that tiger shark for me. I'm also hoping they can fix that front splitter too. I'd be tempted to try gluing it back together myself, but I'm afraid I might just make matters worse by not knowing what the hell I am doing. Does urethane become more pliable when heated so I could bend it back in shape? And how close is the bendable stage of heating to the MELTING stage?

If I ruin this one, it's going to probably be pretty darn tough to find a replacement.

Heck, maybe when mounted that will pull the shape back the way it should be enough so that it doesn't matter.

Yeah, I will be taking pics. Don't I usually?