Unread 10-18-2014, 11:04 PM   #102
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
Post 26 from the link I posted.
Actually I took a look at that post and most of the thread, but that chart didn't look like anything I remember seeing in EFIlive. But seems to me I recall one or more tables that can be used to scale the gas pedal/throttle body blade position that had warnings associated with it that alterations to that table could destroy the PCM and/or the TAC module. Evidently the scaling is hard coded into the TAC module and any variances outside of whatever tolerances were programmed into the PCM and TAC module can cause a hard failure in those modules. Certainly that has to be a bug, because it doesn't make sense that GM would have a table comparison failure cause a catastrophic failure of the electronics.

I'll see if I can find that table again and see if it appears to be the one you have referenced for me. But with the above in mind, and considering the history of what I went through with the car getting it to where I am today, I seriously doubt I would be willing to monkey around with that particular setting.

Thanks...