View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #55
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Very well said my Ken my friend

I might add that from where I sit, I don't think anyone here is passing judgment. I think it's a true and sincere interest in the safety of our officers and an attempt to understand what it is that we/they do and do not know at any perticular time.

Like you, I've been a trainer, a range officer, survival tactics instructor and a bunch of other chit....not the least of which was a motor officer.

Stopping cars all day long, responding to in progress calls because you could get thier quicker and go places the cars couldn't, placed us at a much higher risk at times than our 4 wheel borne counterparts.
And as Ken said, every call, every stop, is different in one way or the other from the last or similar call.

You have to learn to roll with the punches as Mr. Jimmy buffett says (come on Ken! you knew I had to get a "Buffettism" in there somewhere didn't you?)

Ken and the rest, we've done our time and for whatever reason, and however it happened, we managed to walk out alive. It's certainly not for lack of trying I know that!

Those that are presently walking the walk, or preparing for that journey, please, pay attention to what's happened here this past week and to the results of what is I'm sure yet to come and may likely be released only to those with a need to know, and DON'T let it happen to you!

I'm not a hugely religious person, although I do have a strong belief. With that I say that I do pray daily, for the safety of those out there and those among us who still meet the call!

Thanks for your service and please stay safe!

And Ken, here's my aka: Mike 31/ID#402-yea, it was a low mofeckin' #)

Gordon

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote