View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
I don't remember where I saw it but someone advertised a GPS(I believe) device that calculated vehicle weight, quarter mile speed, G force, etc. and gave a fairly accurate estimate of horsepower. Or so they claimed. I believe there are formulas that allow for such estimates. Have you heard of this?
Actually EFI has a PID for a calculated horsepower reading, but I have no idea how accurate it is. Would seem to me that if it was REAL accurate, tuners wouldn't be saying they needed to put cars on a dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Or just rent the dyno at SS Performance for an hour. I think it's $120.00 or less. I know you're ticked off at them and I don't quite understand what the reason was that caused the rift, but they are close by and have what you need to answer that question. Besides, I want to know! Plus you could tweak stuff on the dyno better than on the highway(and not get a ticket doing it). I'm not trying to be a salesman for them, but they did a great job on my car and beat a well known former vendor of this site(in Seffner)by about 25% too. Maybe it was just a communication issue or a misunderstanding. Again, I don't know but if you guys could bury the hatchet it would probably benefit you both. They do seem to be a wealth of knowledge on the LS engine and GM cars in general. Life is too short to carry a grudge. Just my opinion.....
After I had brought my car home from Aaron Scott's shop and saw everything that still needed to be done on the car, especially the disaster of a fuel system that Chris Harwood installed, I went to them for help. And they completely snubbed me. Wouldn't even reply to my emails. You know what they say about a "friend in need"? Well it works in the opposite direction as well. That was THEIR choice, not mine.