View Single Post
Unread 10-14-2017, 04:44 PM   #4
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I don't believe the gray rat snake's range extends far enough south for you to run into any of them. Most of the various varieties of rat snakes seem to have exclusive ranges with some overlap where the ranges meet. Your area would likely have the yellow rat snake than any other form.

And yeah, black racers seem to be abundant just about everywhere. If you ever see a black snake that is heavy bodied with more of a shiny blue-black appearance, that would be the eastern indigo snake. But they are getting rare to find, and protected all along their range. The indigo will tackle and eat venomous snakes, so they would be good to have around and encourage to hang out nearby.
I used to see them where i hunted in west Levy county near the gulf in the wetter parts of the woods with hammocks. I was sitting down one day and a at least 8 footer slid right over my boots and he never seemed to mind i was there.

They seem to have a glow in the dark deep blue, black. I have seen many big one's in them woods , but never see them in the Tampa area.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote