View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #25
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

It was the SAO. Mike tried as he was brought in as soon as we uncovered enough to have what I considered a case, and he did what he could which I appreaciate. If it was an employee they would jump on it, but since it was a partner they advised it was a civil matter and so it has been expensive putting it all together....but were about ready.

Just as the guy I sold our big United Specialties race coach to in Maryland. It is still in my name, registered in my name, and I have a contract signed (I financed it for him and all was well for the first year, and then he quit paying app a year ago). FL won't allow me to report it stolen as I gave him permission to "use" it, Maryland takes the same stance and also claims it is a civil matter. I hired a repo company a year ago and they almost had it but a neighbor called him at work when they were taking it and he blocked them in with his dually and after an hour stand off they had to leave and now he has it hidden & nobody can find it. The atty's I have talked to up there want a $10k retainer to do it through the courts.....so frustrating since it seems there is so few law remedies for this stuff & I'm now out a $250k toter (this is a dual axle professional coach built on a Frieghtliner Columbia chassis like you see the Pro teams with that we used to pull the stacker with).

Also, I am always looking for qualified performance techs....not an easy task. Lot's that CLAIM to be good, but few turn out to be worth a crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I don't think the detective will care one way or another that his name is on public website.

I'd be more concerned that as a detective, I can't figure out a way to make a criminal charge for fraud, embezzlement or both stick

Who "determined" fraud to be civil? The detective or the SAO? If it's the SAO, we need to vote in another next election

FYI-"partners" are charged with this sort of thing all the time...it's called fraud and/or embezzlement
Shouldn't be that difficult to do. Unfortunately, over 30 years of law enforcement interaction, I've seen too many times where agencies "determine" something that is obviously criminal in nature to be "civil" simply because they are too lazy to make the charge or the state "doesn't want to prosecute (read that again-too lazy to try!)

It's a bit of a pathetic essay on our system

As for the tunnel, if the guy wanted it off a CF vendor, why not buy iot there to start with? let me see. I'll buy something on a whim, THEN do my research

Then, I'll go back and bitch until i get my money back?

I agree with Spice my friend. You need to take a more proactive role in the leadership of your shop
Get some good techs in there and supervise, teach and delegate brother....the business will grow....took me a long time to figure that out