Thread: chatroom night
View Single Post
Unread 09-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Using a chat in that manner could work if there were enough people logged in here at all times. Someone merely noting the symbol indicating that there is currently someone in chat could drop in and just strike up a conversation.

Unfortunately there are two problems. (1) There isn't very much traffic here and rarely more than a few registered members online at the same time. And (2) If someone logs into the chat and does not specifically log out by clicking on that red dot in the upper right hand corner, then it appears they are still in the chat even though they have logged completely off of the site. For instance, right now the symbol is showing a member as being in the chat that actually logged off about 3 hours ago.

So anyway, the chat system is there for whoever wants to use it. If you want to state days and times you will be there, feel free to do so. If someone wants to host specific topics, I can set up a separate forum where they can make note of these events so others might become aware of them.

I'll do what I can to help.