View Single Post
Unread 06-10-2008, 07:49 AM   #20
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 329of1k View Post
Unfortunately I along with several hundred other firefighters will attend a full honors fire department funeral for Captain Chris Artigas of the Hillsborough County Fire Rescue.
Captain Artigas was one of the initial victims at the home where the shootings began.
I did not know Captain Artigas personally but just like the law enforcement community, it is a family and when one loss is encountered it sends a shockwave through the entire family.
I am relieved that the LEO's are recovering and doing well. At least they were able to take the necessary actions required to put an end to the ordeal.
Please keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and if you are in North Tampa on Wednesday and see a procession of fire apparatus, have a little respect and pull off the roadway. Not any people taqke the time to pullover anymore when a funeral procession drives by.
Thanks to all for your support.
Andy,

You guys have my total respect and admiration. LEO and the FF/PAramedic community share a relatively close bond. We've always had numerous FD members sho up at our funerals and I've even seen ladder trucks with banners hung from them.

You guys and gals are rtuly some of America's heros. There's no way in hell I'm doing some of the stuff you guys do (I think you and I talked about that once at Fermans).

Think about it? Who ran to the scene? The Firfighters/Paramedics

Capt. Artigas is in my/our thoughts and prayers and a salute will go out to him as his procession passes by.

I was also informed on Sunday by a friend and another FF that the other young lady killed in the incident was the sister of Ray Lopez, another County FF

If this is true, then my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family as well.

R.I.P. Capt
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote