View Single Post
Unread 11-05-2008, 01:08 PM   #11
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I think this election had to be just one big joke that the "powers that be" pulled on us. More or less, "let's see how the little people like this one..." sort of thing.

McCain, in my opinion, was about the WORST choice the Republicans could have possible some up with. Yes, much as Dole was when his "turn" came up. Both backstabbed too many people with their voting history, and paid the price when they tried to grab the gold ring. Years ago I predicted that this election would be between the two worst possible choices: McCain and Hillary Clinton. Little did I realize that a joker was in that deck.

As for the blacks claiming that "one of theirs is now in office", I'm sorry, but I thought we were ALL Americans. Discrimination isn't a one way street where it is only dirty and ugly if a non-black says something like that. But even the media is portraying this election as being a mostly racist issue, when they crow something along the lines of "Proving to blacks, finally, that even they can now achieve anything, even the presidency of the USA..."

Personally, I didn't care what color Obama's skin is. It's his policies that scare me to death. And apparently it was his policies (basically freebies to the "underprivileged" if they vote for him) that has a price tag attached that no one has said who is going to pay the bill on and how.

The best advice I can think of to offer is: Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.