View Single Post
Unread 01-01-2018, 06:24 PM   #24
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I'm hoping we can avoid that disease on our citrus. Probably the safest thing for us to do would be to consider our trees a closed system and just not buy anything else that could bring in a problem. I think after this, we are leaning in that direction anyway. Pretty much ties us down in the winter months because we have to hang around here in case there is a cold snap like this that we would need to be available to cover some stuff. We even through a tarp over the water pump tank this time, which we have never done in the past.

But if the "global warming" starts bringing in cold spells like this every year, might just be a moot issue.

We just got back in from covering the trees we had tarps for. Probably should run by Harbor Freight and buy a few more, but quite likely they are sold out locally anyway. We could have used one more for one of the small satsumas, but they are supposed to be really cold hardy, so one of the three is going to be an involuntary test case this week, I guess.

Temp is 40 degrees on our front porch right now. After Connie and I take showers, I will be running out to drip the pipes before the temp drops below freezing.

I am DEFINITELY hoping the weather goombas are WAY wrong on the forecast on the low temps. But hoping it will be warmer than predicted, of course, not the other way.