View Single Post
Unread 04-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #17
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar05 View Post
I attended two shows last weekend as a spectator. There were some great rare cars at both shows. I told a friend that it drives me nuts to see brand new cars, with no modifications, in the shows. If I want to see a new Mustang, Corvette, or Camaro, I'll go to the showroom. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me to see them entered in car shows. Well... You might know it, a 2010 Camaro won People's Choice at one of the show. Unless it's an actual Transformer, it ain't gettin' my vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
They should ban new cars until they are 1 year old at car shows...I have see too many cars with dealer window stickers on them showing at car shows and actually winning...
Now this sort of attitude just really doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Do you think that the owner of that brand new Corvette might be just as excited about their new car, and as proud of it as you are about yours? And that perhaps they would like to rub elbows with other Corvette owners, no matter WHAT year the other people might have? That they are proud of their new acquisition and want to show it off, just like YOU want to show off yours?

So you would deny them that fun and excitement of a Corvette show and tell? Deny them that access to the comradeship of fellow Corvette owners? Why, pray tell? What's the justification for treating them like some sort of outcast just because their car is new?