View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #10
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

That is one damn AWESOME photograph!

I remember a long while back when the wife and I were down in the keys, we stopped in at some restaurant and there was a photo on the wall that took my breath away. A boat with a waterspout nearby AND a bolt of lighting all captured in the same shot. If it had had a price tag on it, I'm pretty sure it would be on my wall right now.

Did you ever buy any of those tornado videos that the weather channel used to sell? I've bought a few of them but don't see them advertised any longer. With camcorders being so popular I would imagine that there are LOTS of good videos available these days on weather events.

Heck, I used to love it when my wife and I could vacation in September and would go down to Englewood. I got some really nice photos of lightning on the beach. But it does feel somewhat dangerous doing that. You have to put the camera on a tripod, then hold open the shutter until you THINK you caught a good flash and HOPE the exposure was OK. But there you are, the tallest thing on the beach with a metal camera and tripod while lightning is flashing all around. Probably not a real smart idea. I think now a high resolution camcorder where you can snip out separate frames would be about the best way to do this.

I'll have to see if I can find some of those shots I took. But they are going to be on prints or slides, so I'm not sure what kind of time I would have to convert them to digital images.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote