View Single Post
Unread 04-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #10
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
Wow....just wow. I have to commend you for all the work and thought you put into that post. It will take me a while to digest it.

It seems that it takes a certain individual to want to run for office. And it always seems to be a power trip for most of them. Maybe if there wasn’t a pension included, that might keep some from making a career out of “public service”. I like term limits but I worry that the work will end up being done by the employees rather than the elected representative (like it's not already).

Isn't it interesting how they always threaten to make cuts in the most visible part? We're going to have to lay off cops, firemen, and teachers. Never once do they look where the real waste is. It doesn’t scare the public very much when you announce laying off 5 people in the city garage does it. But close down a firehouse!!! Those politicians always know what’s good for us, don’t they.

IMO, there are two things that would go a long way to help put this country back on the right track.

1. Dump political parties. Washington warned of the dangers of political parties. Parties allow the ignorant to play on Election Day. All they have to do is look for the letter after the name and BINGO, they know who to vote for, just look at Specter. While the public argue politics like it's the Yankees and Red Sox, the players inside the beltway laugh at all of us.

2. The FairTax. FairTax is a national sales tax that replaces our income tax. The beauty of this is that EVERYONE contributes to the federal budget not just half of us. This would also put an end to lobbyists since there is no income tax, there is no need to lobby for tax loopholes. I urge you to look at www.fairtax.org

The problem?

It all makes too much sense

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote