View Single Post
Unread 04-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #29
miami993c297

Name :
miami993c297 has disabled reputation

I wrote an anwer on another forum related to the relocation of my IAT...may be informative for someone, then i copy past.

Hi viper,

Building my combo I decided to run OLSD, then the MAF went out of the car...

Reasons were to eliminate any restriction from the MAF if any and to obtain a tune as smooth as possible with a tame idle and the opportunity to set some lean AFR at cruise...which I did.

Taking away the MAF, I was as well taking the Intake Air temperature sensor away.
I had to relocate it...and find the "best" place to mount it.

I have tried in the Air Filter, in the Cold Air Intake (more an Ambient Air Intake if want to be accurate in terminology) and in the same place as the Outside Temperature sensor.

The obtained results at WOT were very similar, difference was minimal and not significant.
Meanwhile I was recording a lot of disparities in city driving from day to day.
Altering the tuning was just a band-aid and the VE table was inconsistent day to day outside temperature related.

I finally opted for the option of mounting the IAT Sensor in the flow stream of the intake, the ERG support beeing a good spot in the FAST Intake:

From there I could dialed a solid consistant VE Table which is bringing me repetability from day to day outside temperature variation.
The algorithms of the Cylinder Charge Temperature and the stock Bias and Filter are working fine from 45* to 98* outside temperature now, and the IAT Sensor is recording a wide range of Temp able to change very quickly for the pleasure of the PCM...
Below are 3 screen shot of the IAT recorded going from Palm Beach to Sebring at 6am.
Three time the same log with the Average log, the Max log and the Mini log to give an idea of the amplitude of the changes:

AVERAGE IAT LOG:

MAXIMUM IAT LOG:

MINIMUM IAT LOG:

Don't ask me where, but I did some over 186mph on this log this morning (I was late...)
Christian

418Ci TEC Assembled/ ETP-FTI Prep/ FTI "Barbara Streisand" Cam 664 HP Pump Gas.
Accepting imperfection signify losing the race against yourself…
miami993c297 is offline   Reply With Quote