Thread: Street racers
View Single Post
Unread 07-31-2009, 05:35 AM   #30
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Honestly, I believe more and more people are thinking this way lately. As it becomes more and more blatant that law enforcement is more and more about revenue generation, and the public safety and welfare be damned, the more people are going to come to resent this backdoor tax collection scheme.

It won't be too long before the realization hits that the more things that are illegal with fines attached, the more revenue generation it will produce. Heck, I've said for a LONG time that eventually citizens of the USA (home of the free, land of the brave... ) will be issued a pamphlet on their 18th birthday that will itemize EVERYTHING that is legal to do. If it is not in that pamphlet, then it is ILLEGAL. I don't expect that pamphlet to be very large to begin with, and it will shrink from "updates" often....

I think you're overdramatizing the current political issues surrounding our communities and our country.

"Law Enforcement" is not about "revenue generation."

"Traffic Enforcement" on the other hand, is becoming moreso by the day!

I've said it before and will continue to say it.

If we cared about safety, there's a better way to accomplish it without writing boatloads of Charlie Foxtrot tickets at $200.00 + per shot!

Cameras, radar, highly publicised notices of same, heavy point assessments and restrictions/revocations.

That's just the start.

**** can the driving schools for anything over a 10+ over the speed limit violation!

Dump the judges/magistrates ability to withhold and turn traffic court into a real court and not the kangaroo court it is at present.

Once people realize, hey, if I do such and such, I'm going to lose my license, then the ones that relly are concerned will get thier stuff together

Those that don't give a damned, can be dealt with accordingly

There's too much to discuss and I have too much work to do.

It's all in one of my old archived posts on the matter somewhere on here.

G

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote