View Single Post
Unread 02-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #21
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
It is the pilot's choice if he/she want's to become a FFDO, Federal Flight Deck Officer. You go through several written test and a psychiatrist evaluation. After that it is a week training at the same place as the border patrol and FMAs. You get credentials just like the FMAs but your jurisdiction is only the cockpit so you don't need as much training.

I was a FFDO but you can't carry international so I am not anymore. I won't say what the gun is but it is extremely good quality and more than enough. There are tons of FFDOs and even though the current administration and most the airlines don't want the responsibility it is a good thing.

The airlines don't want you because of the risk of problems and there have been some. Pilots do this, paying for their own training and bear the responsibility of the weapon. All this is done for the aircraft security and yes I'm sure a few have gotten out of speeding tickets
Thanks Jeff. I was curious as to the round and not the make of the gun. If that's a problem for you to disclose that info I understand.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote