View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #30
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Seriously, bud, WHO is it that writes their paychecks and gives them raises? And do you think they didn't incur favors to get that job in the first place? Get real, please. The "job for life" didn't make them untouchable if they screw their handlers.

A search is a search, black and white. The Constitution and Bill of Rights does not give law enforcement exceptions to violate what it states. Matter of fact those documents were written SPECIFICALLY to try to protect the people from exactly these kinds of abuses. Not to say that I don't understand that the SCOTUS and the government in general have pretty nearly gutted the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, but I'm STILL calling a "spade" a "spade" when I see it.

Dance around it all you want, but a pat down IS a search. What in the world else COULD it be except for a SEARCH for weapons? Just a casual friendly roadside groping by a VERY friendly LEO? OOh, whats that there in your pants, big guy? If it's not a hands on caressing in the way of greeting, then what the heck is someone doing running their hands up and down another's body?

Yeah, I can certainly understand why a LEO would want to have this power and appreciate their position concerning their safety (but NOT to the extent that it gives them carte blanche to override all other considerations), however this sort of thing is just another brick in the paving of that good intentioned road to hell you are pointedly turning a blind eye to. I am sorry that your involvement in that career field has evidently affected your ability to see this objectively.