View Single Post
Unread 04-04-2014, 04:46 PM   #2184
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I took the C5Z out to day and had to make a bunch of stops, so I got to do a half dozen startups. Still no problems with that REDUCED ENGINE POWER issue.

So hopefully....... Man, wouldn't that be a miracle for me to make the right guess the first time about what I thought was causing the problem?

Oh, and I only had that drivetrain squeal happen once.

Speaking of which, a little while back I had the C6Z up on the lift and I noticed that there are some sort of covers on the bellhousing that appear to be dust covers for the flywheel. You can see them looking from the front of the car towards the rear, underneath, of course, attaching to either the block of the lower edges of the bellhousing. These are not present on my C5Z. So I took a couple of photos and sent them to Gene Culley to see if he can get them for me.

Here's the driver's side:

And here's the passenger side:

I'm wondering if what I am hearing is some junk getting between the flywheel and clutch pressure plate making that intermittent squealing noise. I live on a sandy road, and even though I drive REAL slow down it, certainly the front tires are kicking up sand and without those covers in place, maybe sand is getting in there. But in any event, I would guess having those dust covers in place would be a real good idea.

No telling where the originals wound up at. But I do know they were not there when I brought the car home from Aaron Scott's shop. Certainly they might not have been there after leaving Chris Harwood's place.