View Single Post
Unread 04-26-2006, 08:23 PM   #18
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Ah, Murphy's Law did it to me again. The storms just went around me. Got a little bit of rain but nothing to write home about. So I could have installed that throttle body today after all.

I was just reading an article in the local paper about the drought conditions in the state. Actually this is pretty typical for this time of year around here. Maybe a little bit earlier then normal. May has been the driest month around Tallahassee, but the last two years were unusually wet, comparatively. I remember my wife and I used to take vacations in May and go down to the Englewood area. MANY stretches throughout Florida had ongoing fires and in some cases route 95 would be closed because of the smoke.

We live about 3/4 of a mile from the Apalachicola National Forest, and without fail, the wildfires in this area would be caused by prescribed burns that the forest service did and it got away from them. I remember one year we had smoking embers falling into our yard and I got REAL nervous about that. Fire trucks were driving around and the roads around our place were closed to traffic. Sure didn't give me a real warm and fuzzy feeling, I'll tell you. It would be even worse now, because now I have to worry about my plastic car melting..
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote