View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2020, 03:40 PM   #2382
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Finally decided to tackle putting those catalytic converters in today. Damn I hate those slip joints on the exhaust pipes. I've been fighting with one section for a good hour now. Has to come off, because it's one of the straight pipes where a cat goes. Then the X-pipe comes off and then I can clean up the pipe ends and start putting it all back together again. Then hopefully when I check, I won't have any exhaust leaks.

Had I known the car was going to be in that last shop for so long, and the engine pulled out anyway, I would have gotten a new set of headers all the way back to the catbacks that used a different connection system between the pipe segments. The slip joints have never given me anything but headaches.

Anyway, got Break-Free sprayed on that one pipe connection and just letting it set for a while to hopefully help loosen it up. I hate to have to cut it off, since I never know if I might want to use it again. And I would have to be REAL careful I didn't damage the X-pipe in the process.