View Single Post
Unread 05-19-2007, 02:03 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Exclamation New server in the works.

Well, the current server this site is on has been sending me nastygrams that the /home directory is running at 84 percent full. Processor loading has been hitting pretty high as well during certain times of the day. My other server is no better off, so it looks like I need to add yet another server and offload this site and maybe a couple of others onto it to balance the loading somewhat.

There will be a burn-in period where I'll be testing the new server, so if it passes with flying colors, we'll be looking at a bit of downtime here in order to jump over to the new server. Shouldn't be more than a few hours or so. Unless Murphy's Law raises his ugly head, of course.

Guess at the next show I'm going to have to take the stun gun to prod along some advertisers to step up to the plate here....

The data center is located up in Atlanta and the test pings and throughput transfers were VERY good. The processors are dual Xeon 3.0 ghz so it should make this site pretty snappy.

Anyway, just a fyi.... I'll give you all as much warning as I can about when to expect this site to be down for the transfer.