View Single Post
Unread 06-08-2008, 09:31 AM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Jim, thanks for tha article. Not exactly the locations that my friend at the department told me for the POI on Lentz , but actually sounds like the shot may have been better this way?

Couple of points the article brings out:

Quote:
That's when Deputy Malachi McCoy ran up and shot the gunman in the head, killing him, Callaway said.
That's the way it should be done! Dep. McCoy deserves (and I'm sure will eventually be awarded) a commendation!

When the bullets were counted, investigators said deputies had fired more than 50 rounds.

That's 49 too many!!!!
This is an interesting commentary though. It proves a point.

I've seen Ray shoot.

As an instructor, I've had him on the range on numerous occasions over the years. He shoots well

We've always tried to teach "stress shooting" and instill as much stress as possible in the sutdent/shooter, but there's no way possible to immitate a real life, I'm gonna die right here, shooting

Stress is a MOFO

Quote:
They think Bello was hit multiple times before McCoy fired the fatal shot...
"He was just impervious to their shooting," said witness Mark Vennett, 49, of Tampa. "He was like a crazed animal."
Drugs? Rage? In this case, who knows? I've dealt with both and it's not easy to stop them.
Both can and will provide one with "superhuman" strength and fortitude. Another many years ago was shot 7 times from approximately 15' out to point blank range with a .45 semi auto. Still had enough fight left in him to violently attack an officer and continue to fight until he (the suspect) bled out

Glad McCoy put an end to him before he could hurt anyone else!

The series of events leading up to this were pretty predictable. Foreclosure, domestic disputes, pending divorce....it's a pattern.

Financial issues will bring out the worse in people and this type of stress can and will cause some people to snap. It's going to get worse beofe it gets better out here

On a final note, R.I.P. to the Firefighter. And God bless those paramedics.

Those guys and gals are worth thier weight in GOLD!!!!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote