View Single Post
Unread 09-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #5
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by phils C5 vette View Post
I find it odd that the dealership would ask someone to modify the stock tune because they can not fix a problem. Sounds like something mechanical causing the misfire, but as long as they are covering your motor and transmission under warranty, Id be a happy camper !

In your scanner you can view your misfires, and at least see what your sensors are telling you whats being measured just before and after the misfires.

If they are installing a new PCM with a stock tune and you still read misfires like you did before the PCM exchange, then Id think it was mechanical not a computer setting.

Not very helpful, Sorry.
Hey, like I said it was not a fair question because no one has an answer. I did view the misfires in the scanner which is how I knew what was going on. I don't see anything else going on but it may be something I haven't got the scanner setup to see. I scan timing, spark retard, fuel trims, temp and just normal tuneup stuff.

The work wasn't done at a GM dealer. It was done by the Vette Doctor who is authorized to do warranty repair. He has several GM engineers that he can consult with and it was one of the engineers that wanted me to change the tune.

One guy thinks maybe it could be the cam/crank sensor but then I would think it would throw a code.

It's a strange deal but it doesn't seem to affect the performance. Thanks for trying to help.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote