View Single Post
Unread 02-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #9
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Oh the stories we could tell............................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Exactly Ken

I was sitting in my drive getting ready to shut her down for the morning, about 3 am and 2 hours past my chift change.

Domestic, shots fired goes out. No other units were available for back up.
Now this was when we didn't have officers on top of officers and your zone was the size of a small city.

Anyway, I lit 'em up' and responded from Odessa to Town & Country...pre-veterans expressway...that was a ride

Upon arrival, I find that this retired militay Jag, has splattered his wifes brains and most of her face and head, over the hallway, living roon and part of a bedroom.
That's not to mention the cieling and floor.

The worse part, was finding out that thier 15 year old son was in the room with dad when he pulled the trigger. Witnessed the whole thing, and took off making 4 minute miles to his friends house almost a mile away

Then there was the crazy f**k that held his family hostage (pre-tactical team) for 4 hours....another off duty gig.

And my best friend yelling for help while wrestling with some doped out POS trying to get his weapon.
Again, I'm on the way home and responded to find my buddy fighting for his life, and ammunition all over the ground (he had the presence of minde to dump the cylinder on his revolver).

Finally, just a short time ago, post retirement, I see a Pasco Deputy on a traffid stop, and the driver suddenly take a swing at him.

I (carefully) roll through the stop sign, drive up on the curb onto the grass (business owner was pissed...go figure?, and jump into the fray (after announcing myself of course. Don't want to end up with a mouth full of ASP

We get this clown cuffed but they won't get in the car. Still resisting the deputy who at this time, has exercised WAAAAYYYYY more control that necessary with this credent!

I walk up and whisper to the "detainee" who was demanding to know who I was (might have had something to do with the armbar? IDK?

"....I'm not from here. You're either going to get into the car on your own, or I'm going to load you into it like luggage...either way, you're gettin' in..."

They got in.
It's funny how a simple misunderstaning can be corrected with just a little conversation

Gave the Deputy my card in case he needed a witness, name didn't appear in his report (as far as I know anyway), a thank you, a hand shake and I was on my way.

As Ken alluded to....there's more, much more, but you get the point....yeah, we look out for one another....it's part of the territory!