View Single Post
Unread 07-07-2007, 01:57 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Steve,

Thanks for the suggestions. Some have been addressed before, and others are subject to some debate, I think.

I'll bet you a donut that if I changed the layout, color, or positioning of some tools, I would get just as many complaining about it as I would those who would applaud the change.

Now, that being said, one of the benefits of vBulletin is that it can actually be set up to utilize "skins" which can be user selectable. In other words, the user him or her self could select the color scheme, layout, and tool positioning depending on the skin that they selected. Sounds reasonable? Well there is a significant drawback. All modifications to this site would require the same mod done separately for each skin. Which could become pretty tedious for the programmer, which would equate to $$expensive$$ for me to have to pay him.

So with that all being said, let's just throw this all out onto the floor for discussion.

What do you all think about the color scheme here? White text on black background not a good idea? If you have a site you like the color scheme of, provide a link so we can take a look at it. Bear in mind that often familiarity will be commonly mistaken for "better". You may just be USED to a color scheme and your mind wants the rest of the world to comply. So please bear that in mind.....

So no, I really don't want this to become the "other site extended" at all..

Thanks.