View Single Post
Unread 08-30-2006, 05:11 PM   #25
MMC5

Name :
MMC5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Tom, this is a pre-registered event. I've paid my $20, so I'm in.
[Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
Well pre-registration is sold out. Looks like if everyone shows it will be a full house
Z06 is correct.

Quote:
As for the time, I've been told numerous times that they are not parking anyone until 9:00. I'll have Z06Rocket chime in.
That may be, but review the pics above. You can see that all outer perimeter parking is above a significant curb. There are only a couple of ramps available to get cars up on the step and they have to be dragged into place for each car. (to get them in AND to get them out) This all takes time.

Additionally, the club directs where you park on a first come first parked basis. The best place to be so that you have some shade and breeze is along the back (E) row. The S side of the pier gets good foot traffic but the N side is like being cast into the wilderness.

I’d still suggest arriving early.

Quote:
If I register, will I be allowed to leave early? Response from Z06Rocket, whose club is putting on the show. Yes you may, although the door prizes and such won't be all done yet
This show is staged by SunCoast Corvette Association of which I am also a member. It is their premier event. They’ve been at it for a long time and do a first class show.

That said, again, refer to the pictures. If you are up on the step, your ability to leave early is severely limited, so if that is your intent, be sure you let who ever is parking you know that you will need to exit early.

Whether this is your first Pier Show or one of several, SCA will do their best to see that you have a great time.

Hope to see you there.

Tom
MMC5 is offline   Reply With Quote