Unread 02-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #1345
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteJohn View Post
Rich
I don’t know if this will help you or not but I have learned the hard way about fluid volume. My first house I bought was new and I discovered after the fact that the builder had run all 3/8 copper from the pump to all the fixtures. All the time I lived there if I flushed the toilet and someone was in the shower they were left high and dry so to speak.
My next new house I made sure that it had the same size plumbing as the outlet side of the pump to as close as possible to each fixture then it was reduced to fit the fixture opening. Imagine my disappointment when I had the same water starvation problem as the previous house. In a close inspection I found a 3/8 pinch valve was used in a pipe on the water heater I replaced it with a ¾ gate valve and I can run all my fixtures without any loss of volume.
I think you are on the right track. I would be concerned that one side of the engine has a smaller feed line then the other. My concern would be that one whole side of this beast is running lean.
Yeah, that's along the same thoughts I am having. Even if I can't find some sort of fitting that would allow me to put that return line on the back of the driver side fuel rail, I'm still planning on replacing that AN-06 stuff with AN-08 to the pressure regulator. I think I can keep the AN-06 return line in place that runs from the regulator back to the fuel tank.

I really don't like the idea of that driver side fuel rail being a dead end leg like it is, but so far I haven't had any luck finding a fitting for the back of it that will let me change it to being a feed THROUGH the rail. It's just REALLY tight back there with not much wiggle room...

Maybe I can find a single driver side rail somewhere and have it machined shorter?