View Single Post
Unread 05-18-2019, 12:32 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
We got two of these from Harbor Freight a few years ago. They were too cheap not to buy! My two boys were teenagers then and they had a blast with them. One Thanksgiving we had a crowd at the house for dinner and one of there friends (another teenage boy) was slaying flies and whatever other insects he could find, when we heard him yell from the carport! He had jumped up to swat a bug with it and accidently hit the ceiling of the carport, breaking off the paddle part with the grid that electrocutes the bugs! The grid, held on only by the electric wires, fell down contacting the back of his hand. He still had his thumb on the button so it was frying the back of his hand!
Yeah, we are going to run out to Lowe's and buy a few more of these things. At least one for each hand. Connie said she zapped 9 of them this morning, and I got 5 of them when I went over to the garage to turn on the AC. Between the mosquito magnets and these things, we might actually make a dent in the population of these monsters. Of course, I'm sure it doesn't help that we have cattle, horses, and dog breeders all around us.